Psycho


The route from the main street to my home was long, so I decided to take shortcut to go home. Now here I am walking through the alley. It isn't completely dark yet, the street lights around the corner kinda make me feel safe. Usually I take bus after my work but since I got off early from my job I decided to walk home.
The breeze of cool air made me shiver. The streets had warehouses and the buildings were still under construction. Men were shouting and cursing to get their duty done quickly. I was observing everything around me when someone tapped me on my leg. I turned around to see a child who held out a purple flower to me. I took the flower from his hand and looked at him questionably. He just pointed towards someone behind me. Turning my head to where the boy pointed, I saw no one that could possibly send me flower. I faced towards the small guy who handed me the flower only to see he was no longer standing in front of me.
I took a look at the flower. It was as dark as the colour black. The petals were so soft and smooth,just like a new born baby's skin. Its fragrance was unusual, filling my nostrils with the most pleasant smell. It brightened my day. I went home and placed the flower in a vase carefully. I had been avoiding doing house chores since a long time, so I changed into something more comfortable and ran errands.
It was around 9pm when I finished setting my house then I took the vase with me to the rooftop and kept it next to me. It was dark. All that could be seen was the stars shining brightly above me.
I started wondering about my art which was going to be displayed in the city gallery. While thinking, I turned and looked at the flower beside me. The beauty of the flower left me awestruck. It was the first time i had seen a flower which was dark and so beautiful. No other flowers could be compared with this one. My mind started wondering about the person who must've given it to me.
I was captured by the beauty of flower when i heard some movement behind me. The footsteps of a person could be clearly heard. It sent shivers down my back. Turning around slowly I noticed something coming towards me. From the looks of the shadow; I could make out it was a man. The closer he came, the more I could make out about him. His face was almost covered with the hoodie he wore. I stood still as he came towards me. I gasped when i saw his eyes. His eyes were so beautiful, black yet deep and dark filled with something that I couldn't comprehend. I was so mesmerised by his eyes that I didn't realise when he left. I pinched myself to check if I was hallucinating, when a flower fell from my hand. It was the same flower that the small boy gave me. Days passed and with time the flowers in my vase increased.
It was a sunny day when the mysterious guy appeared at my work and bought all of my paintings which were either black or dark.
"What's your favourite colour?" He asked.
"Black" I said and I swear I saw his lips curve upwards.
Few months later he had me fall in love not only with him but also with all the dark shades on this planet.
Since the day we met, he changed my perceptions on things. He made me see things which i never noticed .
"What should I wear?" I asked him and he had instantly said ,"that wine coloured dress of yours".
I wondered how many dark shades a person could love, when you can just love the colour black. I had fallen in love by the way he described me-things I never thought of.
We were on a date, when he asked me to move in with him. It wasn't too soon. All my life I had wanted to be loved by someone and I was overjoyed. I loved everything  about him. Waking up to him, cooking meals together, everything was a bliss, except his love for dark colours, because the wounds on my body were turning to the shades he loved. I loved him but not the way he loved dark shades.
On weekends, when he was home, he tied my wrists very tightly for hours and said he loves how the shade emerges when he unties my wrists.
The shades of dark colours kept increasing on my body. 
But what good is love if you don't accept flaws? I couldn't loose him. 
It was late on Saturday night when he got back with a new rope in his hand. My mind was numb but I knew what I had to do. 
"Hey Pebbles, how was your day?"
Yes, Pebbles, isn't everything romantic and sweet when you're in love?
It was when we were walking back home from our date and some drunk  men started throwing stones at each other, one of the stones hit my forehead. I was bruised. I was hurt. But, he said I looked beautiful with the scar. I didn't notice the glint in his eye when he looked at my forehead, I just saw love and from that day he started calling me Pebbles.
I smiled at him and said ,"It was good".
I served his food to him in his favourite burgundy coloured plate. He started eating and told me how excited he was to tie my hands.
The reaction was instant. He was gasping, clutching his chest, shivering and choking. I just sat and watched as he was struggling to breathe. But it was going to last only for few minutes. He was paralysed.
I took him in his favourite room, the one which had maroon walls.
It's the same as before, he now sees his favourite shades, not on my body, but on his.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Monster

Empty Promises